International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory
RESEARCH ENGINEER – DEVELOPMENT OF FIRMWARE FOR EMBEDDED ELECTRONICS (REF.03.20.13/1)
Posted on 21/09/2020
Role & Key Responsibilities
The Research Engineer will be responsible for firmware development for embedded electronics, such as FPGA and microprocessor programming, and for the development of neural networks and other machine learning and AI algorithms for data processing where required. The selected candidate will undertake the following main activities and responsibilities:
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems developed by the hardware team;
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software;
- Development of Embedded FPGA solutions to accelerate high throughput data applications and Cyberphysical Systems development leading to larger SoC;
- Development of edge AI concepts for local data processing including the support for machine learning and neural networks software.
- MSc Degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject is required.
Experience and Technical Skills
- At least professional experience of 5 years in the industry field;
- Solid programming experience in C or C++;
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets (e.g, ARM)
- Knowledge of OS coding techniques, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- HDL coding for FPGA digital design (Verilog or VHDL)
- Ability to develop embedded electronics firmware, and develop advanced processing algorithms, such as neural networks and artificial intelligence algorithms in systems with few resources.
- Strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary environment, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and to meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Capable of establishing collaborative ties;
- Team work spirit.
Excellent communication skills in English are required since it’s the working language of INL.
What we offer
- Social Security costs to be paid by INL;
- Work Accidents insurance costs to be paid by INL, to provide coverage for work accidents and invalidity benefits;
- Health insurance with excellent coverage;
- Tax Benefits;
- A family allowance for staff members that are married or that are living under the status of “common-law couple” and/or have any dependent child;
- A child allowance for each dependent child;
- Free Nursery Service at INL campus (subject to availability);
- Support for Education fees of dependent children;
- Depending on the place of residence, INL covers 100% of travel expenses for all family members;
- 30 days of annual leave;
- Diplomatic status.
Offer Expiration Date on 20/Nov/2020