Senior Product Designer
Posted on 14/01/2021
One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley firm today has more than 3 million customers in over 150 countries and has enjoyed more than 2MM Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you. Apply here!
Uphold is looking for a Product Designer to join our Product team in Braga, Portugal. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to play a key role on the team by being directly responsible for developing delightful user experiences, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and creating user interfaces that solve users' pain points.
This is a non-traditional Product Design role that doesn’t necessarily build consumer-facing features, but all the things that happen in between those moments. Your core question to solve: How do we design good experiences, inside and outside of the app, that makes the overall Uphold experience better?
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Define product experiences that will make financial services transparent, efficient, and easy to understand.
- Partner with our product team and collaborate with stakeholders, product managers to iterate quickly through possible solutions, build prototypes to validate hypotheses and gain consensus, and deliver actionable polished designs to engineers for implementation in a transparent and feedback-driven process.
- Implement user flows, interactions, and experiences that are simple, intuitive, and consistent across web and mobile platforms.
- Build and evangelize Uphold Design System, a unifying set of collaborative tools, assets, and processes that enables Uphold product design.
- Occasionally wear multiple design hats, helping to work on growth/marketing-related projects as needed.
- Have at least 5 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- Strong online portfolio to demonstrate your design skills.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, etc.) with current tools (Sketch, Abstract, Adobe CC, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of current UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and web.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working in fintech or finance-related topics as a Product Designer.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is changing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
Offer Expiration Date on 15/Mar/2022