Human Resources Generalist
Posted on 19/03/2021
One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley firm today has more than 3 million customers in over 150 countries and has enjoyed more than 2MM Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly. An engineering-led company, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you. Apply here!
Uphold is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our Human Resources team. We are looking for a qualified and resourceful HR Generalist to support our human resources team ensuring efficient operations. If you are a people-person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you to continue to build your HR career.
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will manage both strategic planning responsibilities and administrative tasks in every area of HR, including recruiting, compensation and benefits and employee training. This position reports to the Senior Human Resources Manager in Braga, Portugal.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Assist in the management of payroll and employee benefits, including bonuses, leaves, and absences administration.
- Work very closely and in tandem with the Senior Human Resources Manager and all HR global partners on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Conduct and help organize employee onboarding; training and development initiatives.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Senior HR Manager.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resources programs including but not limited to disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies.
- Gather and analyze data providing important HR metrics.
- Organize quarterly and annual employee performance reviews.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities.
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations.
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in human resources preferably in the financial services or specifically the FinTech industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and creativity.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization HRIS and talent management systems.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Additional HR training.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
Offer Expiration Date on 18/May/2023