Sr UX Designer
Posted on 10/05/2022
With over 100 million unique visitors per month, Issuu is the world’s largest digital discovery and publishing platform. Issuu enables anyone — from independent creators to global brands — to distribute, measure and monetize their editorial, catalog or marketing content. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen and Berlin, Issuu helps brands reach millions of people around the world who use Issuu to share, discover and engage with what they love.
What you will do
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design of major components of the user experience that scales across multiple products, platforms, and end-to-end scenarios for a variety of customers. You're a strong, creative problem-solver who has a knack for making complex things simple, are guided by customer data and business needs, and know how to work with others to turn ideas into reality.
You will contribute to the evolution of the experience architecture and appearance of the Issuu product and create value for our customers. The evolution of the product is a research-driven effort, and we would prefer you have UX research. You will also work to improve the overall design of our core product, as well as enhance our product’s mobile experience, our collaboration features, and our integrations with other products.
We are continuously developing our design/engineering collaboration practice and toolset. We have a nascent Design System which you will be a part of defining and growing. Make a big impact in crafting the next evolution of Issuu’s user experience. As a Senior UX Designer, you will be part of a collaborative, customer-obsessed team working to deliver innovative solutions to empower and assist customers as they define their online presence. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that's changing the face of Issuu and helping small businesses around the world build, manage, and grow their business.
We’re looking for someone who can
- Conceive end-to-end design strategies across a user's journey,
- Establish a vision through simple, elegant designs,
- Evolve and invent new visual and interaction designs based on experience requirements, brand guidelines and user needs,
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, marketing, product managers, development teams,
- An active contributor and participator in group critique and constant iterative improvement,
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time, workflow and expectations appropriately,
- Advocate for design excellence and usability.
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years experience in product or UX design and 2+ years in delivering SaaS products to market,
- Impressive portfolio of modern and progressive UI architecture, interaction and visual designs,
- Self-initiated achievements that show an ability to work through and across organizational lines,
- Excellent ability to present and explain solutions and decisions to partners in a style that fosters collaboration and consensus building,
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent.
- Experience designing integration solutions is a plus
- Experience working on mobile apps is a plus.
What You'll Get
- The opportunity to work in a highly international, fast-growing tech company.
- Opportunity to shape the strategy of a product used by millions.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Flexible working hours and continuous learning environment.
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning. Be yourself and thrive!
Would you like to join?
APPLY HERE: https://jobs.lever.co/issuu/d3b03246-2957-429a-b4c2-ca9ec8883d7a/apply
We're looking for the right person to join our team in Braga and if it's you, don't hesitate to apply! In addition to the UX & Design team, you'll find members of the BI/Analytics, Customer Success, Engineering, Product, and Management teams here.
Most of our content creators are on a mission to change their world in some way. They are passionate and driven and we consider ourselves the same. Check some of them out:
The avantgarde Italian kids fashion magazine: https://issuu.com/kidswearmagazine
The Danish outdoor garage start-up magazine: https://issuu.com/outsite.org
The Polish/Irish photographer: https://issuu.com/thefix-analogue-magazine
The American Meteorite Exchange Inc. Magazine: https://issuu.com/meteorite-times
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Offer Expiration Date on 31/Dec/2022