Issuu is one of the largest content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year.
At the heart of Issuu is a suite of advanced features, designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (and more). Create once, share everywhere with Issuu.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for two of our Core teams.
The Infrastructure / IT team works on ensuring that Issuu is running smoothly. Our infrastructure is mainly on AWS and to a large extent running on Kubernetes.
The Data Engineering team ensures that data pipelines and models are providing Issuu with insights using Google BigQuery as a data warehouse and modeling using DBT.
Your focus will be on
- building and managing high-performance teams through both professional development and hiring
- leading engineering wide adoption of existing and emerging tools and best practices including devops and gitops
- working with our leadership team to define and implement our infrastructure and data strategy at scale and in a cost efficient manner
- collaborating close with product managers and engineers and other teams to ensure that our infrastructure is scalable, reliable and secure and with BI and Marketing to empower the company with data driven decision making
- enabling our developers to do great things by providing the foundation for a developer experience
- leading by example, taking initiative and doing what is needed to set up the team to succeed
- fostering a feedback culture
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an engineering manager role,
- a BSc or MSc in CS or relevant area
- experience building high performance teams through both hiring and professional development
- experience building a culture build on trust, transparency and accountability that empowers engineers to do greater things
- experience in and understanding of data warehousing, data modeling and data pipeline architectures
- experience in and understanding of cloud native foundation landscape
- excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Through your leadership, your teams will provide the very foundation that enables our customers to enjoy our product and our teams to continue building great experiences
- Providing a stable and highly observable core platform allows engineers to create new value in a dynamic development environment
What You'll Get
- Competitive compensation package
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company
- Health and dental insurance
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position
- 140 wonderful colleagues spread across 4 offices worldwide
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin, and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Offer Expiration Date on 16/Jan/2024