Platform Software Engineer
Posted on 17/11/2023
We are looking for 2 Platform Service Engineer's to join our team and help build Issuu's next-generation platform service. In this role, you will work closely with software engineers to streamline operations by automating processes. Additionally, you will assist in porting legacy systems primarily written in Erlang, Elixir, and Kotlin to Python and Rust.
- Build Issuu's next-generation platform service to enable our software engineers and make their lives easier.
- Help streamline operations by automating processes in our administration portal.
- Assist us in porting legacy systems written primarily in Erlang, Elixir, and Kotlin to Python.
- Collaborate closely with the infrastructure team to implement new features and services for our platform, which runs on AWS and Kubernetes.
- Automate processes using CI/CD pipelines and configuration management tools
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize platform performance and security
- Manage and maintain platform documentation and standards
What you bring with you
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a Platform Service Engineer or a related field.
- Strong experience with Python or Rust.
- Experience with Erlang, Elixir, and Kotlin is a plus.
- Experience with containerization, Kubernetes and AWS.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and configuration management tools.
- Experience in monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing platform performance and security.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
We are the right company for you, if you
- Want to work on a product that matters to a lot of people – we handle hundreds of visits per second and host 50M+ documents.
- Consider yourself one of the best at what you do and are looking for equally talented colleagues.
- Are self-driven and would never just want to take the next ticket.
- Are curious and never stop learning by exploring new languages, technologies and solutions.
- Seek a culture where all voices matter when it comes to shaping the future of the product.
- Want to work with colleagues who have a ‘here to help’ attitude, and absolutely want to help you succeed.
- Be part of an international team that continuously challenges the status quo.
Other things you should know are
- Our architecture is microservice-oriented using AMQP.
- We deploy multiple times a day on AWS and are using Kubernetes, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Node.
- We strive to be agile, but we're not religious about Scrum, Kanban or any other methodology.
- We have many cross team guilds where we share knowledge, coordinate efforts, and help each other the best we can.
- “20% time”: everyone gets one day a week to make something better (i.e. learn something new, experiment with new ideas in the product, join efforts with others, improve what you think matters, ... )
What you'll get
- Competitive compensation package and benefits.
- Meaningful equity in a profitable growth-stage company.
- Flat structure – every opinion matters regardless of team or position.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Offer Expiration Date on 16/Jan/2024