Senior Java Engineer @ JobCloud
Posted on 26/01/2023
TX Services Portugal, part of the TX Group, Switzerland's leading digital hub, delivers media platforms with enabling technology solutions to drive the business of all the group's companies for millions of customers around the globe. TX Services is an Engineering Operation Center located in Belgrade, now expanding to Braga.
Our tech colleagues are developing more than 30 different internal products for the Swiss market (Doodle, JobCloud, 20 Minutes, Ricardo, tutti…).
Flexible practices are cornerstones of our culture. Our way of being companions on TX Services is more than job benefits. We empower you to come as you are and find the perfect balance between your life and your working challenges. We focus on autonomy, supportiveness, diversity, growth and learning, and work-life balance. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation, and dynamic development. We are strong, stable, friendly, and happy.
You will be part of the genesis of TX Services Engineering Operation Center in Portugal, where we will welcome many more talented tech individuals who will support us in developing our products and growing the business and that will work closely with colleagues from Switzerland, Serbia, and other locations.
JobCloud is a leading digital company for the Swiss employment market, best known for the job portals jobs.chand jobup.ch that connect thousands of candidates with the right job every day. With our leading job platforms and innovative hiring technologies, we have helped Swiss companies to hire successfully and efficiently for 20 years. We are also a privileged Google partner and we offer our clients the possibility to showcase their brands within the Ringier and TX Group network. We make employment happen!
Our team of 300+ employees at JobCloud is devoted to a common mission: finding the right job for the right person. Working from Zurich, Geneva, Vienna, Belgrade and now Braga, every team member brings their unique expertise, culture, and vision to our team every day.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who would be responsible for:
- Implementing solutions that have emerged from collaborative initiatives within an agile team.
- Maintaining the existing and new applications with the necessary tools and processes.
- Supporting your team (cross-functional) in implementing an effective day-to-day working life.
- Opportunity to participate in the process of building your team from scratch.
What we are looking for:
- Deep understanding of web technologies
- Solid experience with Java and/or Scala
- Experience with Cloud-based architectures
- 5+ years of experience with software engineering best practices (e. g. unit testing, code reviews design documentation)
- Proven experience in deploying, maintaining, and operating websites and services
- The ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high-quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience working with a large code base and cross-functional teams
- Fluency in English.
What you will be doing:
- Writing production-ready code that accounts for testability, readability, reusability, edge cases, security, and errors
- Focus on self-documenting code and supplementary in-depth documentation that is easy to understand by others in the team.
- Review the code of other engineers within the team to ensure consistency in the code repository
- Ensure stability and performance of their team’s applications and services by actively monitoring their stack.
- Systematic and collaborative troubleshooting and error recovery, given the team’s operational data and monitoring philosophy
- Expert on the team’s domain based on core principles and architecture
- Prioritize and scope personal tasks within a team to deliver incremental value using agile methodologies
- Collaborate in a team on a proactive, supportive, and day-to-day basis to grow and share know-how
- Participating in the decision-making and planning processes, oriented to a team’s goals ensuring alignment throughout the team
- Regularly review a team’s processes and practices together with Lead Engineers and the rest of the team
- Mentoring more junior engineers within their team.
What we offer:
- Become a part of a stable and the largest Swiss media group
- Build from scratch the Engineering Operation Center in Braga, Portugal
- Opportunity to work in an international client-based environment along with the leading experts
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Great and modern equipment and technologies
- Personal further education, as well as regular international travels
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in a stimulating environment
- Excellent work-life balance.
We love what we do – love it too!
Offer Expiration Date on 30/Sep/2023