Junior Java Software Engineer @JobCloud
Posted on 02/02/2024
Are you a passionate developer longing to embrace a new challenge that has the potential to revolutionize the European Jobs Ads Market? Then keep reading!
We are JobCloud, Switzerland nº 1 brand and experts in the job ads market, and we seek your expertise, ideas, and human skills to build our brand new software while cultivating our dearest value “Love what you do.” in our newly established TX Services company in Braga, Portugal.
A decade ago JobCloud conceived a concept ahead of its time - a product designed to efficiently manage and optimize the usage of the customer’s hiring budget while identifying the optimal channels to maximize the visibility of job ads (AI/ML are key to optimizing this process) and effectively reach the target public (potential employees).
Today our mission is to revolutionize the industry standard shifting away from the current job ads paradigm of Pay per Duration toward Pay per Performance. What was once merely a concept is now on the cusp of becoming a reality!
What do we need from you?
Help us in building, designing, maintaining, and improving this system. Together let’s create a collaborative workspace, develop fresh and effective practices, and boost the European job ads market!
What you will be doing:
- Writing production-ready code that accounts for testability, readability, reusability, edge cases, security, and errors.
- Focus on self-documenting code and supplementary in-depth documentation that is easy to understand by others in the team.
- Review the code of other engineers within the team to ensure consistency in the code repository.
- Ensure stability and performance of applications and services by actively monitoring their stack.
- Ensure good developing practices and collaboration on the team and between teams.
- Systematic and collaborative troubleshooting and error recovery, given the team’s operational data and monitoring philosophy.
- Prioritize and scope personal tasks within a team to deliver incremental value using agile methodologies.
- Collaborate in a team on a proactive, supportive, and day-to-day basis to grow and share know-how.
- Participating in the decision-making and planning processes, oriented to a team’s goals ensuring alignment.
What we are looking for:
- Agile mindset (we try, we access, we experiment, and we adapt and improve).
- You help the team growth, share expertise, give feedback, and foment a good work environment (we are a team - if one fails we all fail).
- Good knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, DDD, BDD, TDD, and clean code.
- Good knowledge of architecture and micro-services patterns.
- Experience working with a large code base and cross-functional teams.
- Fluency in English.
Java (Spring Framework), Scala, Python, Angular (v11, Material UI), Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, EKS, ECR, Keel, Terraform, WAF, RDS, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, Cloudwatch, k8s, EC2, MongoDB, Snowflake, Kafka, REST, Lamda / Serverless, Single Store, Athena, S3, ELK, Row and Column Stores / Databases, EMR, Microservices
- Experience the best of both worlds with our flexible work arrangement (full remote or hybrid)
- 25 days of annual vacation leave plus 5 days of fully paid sick leave
- Fringes benefits: meal allowance, work-from-home allowance, gym allowance, private health insurance plan for yourself and 2 children
- 1 day per month to tackle challenges inside the project, or test new ideas
- Tech training and human skills training and, budget for conferences
- Opportunity to travel and collaborate in our various office locations for workshops or team-building events
- A dynamic work environment that highly fosters a sense of fun while maintaining a productive atmosphere
- Presentation of the project and company ~ 30 mins
- Java + Code + Thinking assessment on https://www.codingame.eu/ ~ 50 mins
- Conversation with managers ~ 1 hour
- Meet the team you will be working with ~ 1 hour
If you meet our expectations, and if you are willing to move forward, we’ll make you an offer.
About the company:
As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, with almost 80% of all Swiss consumer internet traffic passing across our websites and apps, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation, and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
JobCloud is part of TX Group and the leading digital company for the Swiss employment market, best known for the job portals jobs.ch and jobup.ch that connect thousands of candidates with the right job every day. Our team of 300+ employees at JobCloud is devoted to a common mission, finding the right job for the right person. Working from Zurich, Geneva, Vienna, Belgrade and now Braga, every team member brings their unique expertise, culture, and vision to our team daily.
Seize this unique opportunity to enhance both the employer's and employee's experience in their pursuit of new career aspirations!
There are simply moments in your career when it's essential to embrace a new culture and broaden your horizons.
Offer Expiration Date on 02/Apr/2024